The Historic Brookstown Inn invites you and your family to join us this holiday season to celebrate timeless traditions in Winston-Salem. Your Two Timeless Holiday Traditions package includes admission to Old Salem Museums & Gardens and Reynolda House Museum of American Art. Package available November 13-December 30, 2018.
Settled in 1766, Old Salem is a living history attraction that celebrates and interprets the practices of its founding Moravians of the 18th and 19th centuries. Christmas holidays in Old Salem were simplistic and cherished. Visit the historic district to learn more about Christmas pyramids, thought to be the first Christmas tree, and their customs of handmade beeswax candles. Then take a step back in time to an early 20th-century holiday season at Reynolda. The historic 1917 home of R.J. and Katharine Reynolds will be decorated with magnolia leaves, nandina berries, and other greenery inspired by the decorations that Katharine Reynolds used for the holidays. Enjoy carols on the home organ every Friday afternoon, and unique gifts in the Museum Store and shops of Reynolda Village.
- Overnight accommodations at the Historic Brookstown Inn
- Two “All-in-One” admission tickets to Old Salem Museums & Gardens including the Historic Town of Salem, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA) and the Gardens of Old Salem. Tickets are valid for (2) consecutive days.*
- Two General Admission to Reynolda House Museum of American Art, the 1917 R.J. Reynolds mansion decorated for the holidays. Enjoy carols on the home organ every Friday afternoon, and unique gifts in the Museum Store and shops of Reynolda Village.
- Two tickets to Reynolda’s special Christmas guided tours, A 1917 Christmas. The bungalow will be decorated as it might have been for Katharine Reynolds, and an organist will play Christmas music during your tour. Costumed interpreters playing a Reynolda school teacher, a butler, a partygoer, and a governess will share stories of the Reynolds family Christmas. (Tuesday afternoons starting Dec. 4; evenings Dec. 7 and 8 only). Let us know what time you plan to tour to ensure your spot is available. Click here for more information.
- Welcome Gift: Keepsake Acrylic Moravian Star Tree Ornament and Old Salem Winkler Bakery Moravian Cookies
- Complimentary hot Southern breakfast daily
- Evening wine & cheese receptions in the Cotton Mill Lounge
- Freshly baked cookies and milk at bedtime
- Parking on site and wireless internet
One Night Stay Starting at $229.00 plus tax
Click to reserve now or call (336) 725-1120
Terms and Conditions: Your reservation must be cancelled or modified by 3pm EST at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date or you will be charged for the 1st night room and tax.